Discover our recipe proposal for moose steak with morel mushrooms on your next culinary adventure.
Take advantage of this opportunity to explore the richness of this exceptional mushroom that grows abundantly in the magnificent forests of Quebec.
Quantity: 2 servings
- 28g morels, dried
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) camelina oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) butter
- 2 moose striploins, one (1) inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup (125ml) red wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) 15% cooking cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a bowl, place the morels then cover with boiling water. Leave to rest for about twenty minutes. Squeeze well and set aside.
- Season the meat on both sides.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil and butter then place the steaks. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Remove the meat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine, add the morels and reduce by half. Pour the cream. Salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens then add the green onions.
- Serve the meat with the morel sauce.
Recipe by Simon-Pierre Murdock, the author of the book « wild kitchen ».